Wednesday, 10 November 2010

New stuff

Not new ideas (still alien fauna and... Alien people) but new images non the less.
During the week I was sketching on the train trying to add some 3 D definition to my drawings after my girl freinds critique about it all being too flat which shes very right about unfortunately, so I started sketching and ended up drawing this which Ive dubbed 'Fisher Beast' after an old concept I did which might be on this blog somewhere. critics are welcome as always.


Heres a finalised version of the Trader, going with an amphibian anatomy to explain the 'long fingers' in the breif.


And I've also started doing some drawings of alien frogs which im going to paint with dart frog colour schemes, in particular the species Tinctorious and its many hundreds of sub species (the one below is based on tinctorious citronella, google it, they are amazing frogs to look at) , these are all predominantly blue, black and yellow frogs which can be quite difficult to paint as they are not contrasting colours to me, there also quite shiny so its going to be an exercise in lighting for me aswell, expect lots of terrible attempts with the 'chav' frogs in the next few posts.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the flatness, but lighting is a major factor in that as you mentioned.

    Worth-while perusing as it will bring your work a notch.

    Liking the new stuff, uni has sparked some more creativity in you.

    Although frogs with teeth? Plain wrong mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, i feel like I need to make progress again and that involves understanding how to create depth in my drawings so im going to carry on with this frog thing, I really hate posting work which I feel does not represent the best of my ability but seeing how its only natural that i will improve with practice i could argue that by that philosophy I shouldnt post anything.

    ReplyDelete