Friday, 26 February 2010

HELP ME!

I cant get the pressure sensitivty back on my graphics tablet when I'm using Scrotoshop (still works in the tutorial and the little writing aplication thing), its really annoying because I've now got a taste for using the tablet again... Can anyone help me?

In Manchester Picadilly yesterday I saw a bus advert for Burtons new take on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I have to say after seeing the TV ad for it I'm not too impressed. Just seems like a CGI fest (the poor kind) with jhonny depp stuck some where in the middle (this is just speculation, I dont know for sure but I'll bet he's playing the Mad Hatter').

Then again, with Burtons unique style there might be some light at the end of the tunnel, so contrary to my first impressions I might like it. But for now I'm skeptical.

It reminded me of a breif I did last year at Stockport. There was a few differnt choices for the breif but I chose Alice, it was pretty much an almost direct rip off of Arthur Rackhams illustration of alice. I'd just discovered the pen called LYRA Aqua Brush and also the work of illustrator Marlene Dumas. (I actually applied water to my drawings before I saw Dumas's work, it was my tutor who referenced the similarities)

and this is what I came up with.



This image by Arthur Rackham is what I used as the primary influence, a brilliant artist.



And tonight I just tought why not tackle it again so I'm posting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment